How can we strengthen the collection and analysis of data on disability, and why is it so important?
To ensure compliance with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), international development agencies are required to assess whether their strategies and projects are inclusive of persons with disabilities. All international cooperation programs and projects must collect data on disability and disaggregate it by disability in order to monitor their quality and impact. This is important to ensure that people with disabilities in general and specific groups of people with disabilities are not left behind.
In view of the World Data Forum in October 2021, Switzerland's review under the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in March 2022, and Switzerland's next report under the 2030 Agenda in July 2022, CBM Switzerland organized an online parliamentary event on the collection and disaggregation of data on disability. During this 1-hour webinar, key experts shared their experiences and gave practical recommendations on disability data collection and analysis, to find solutions to overcome the inequalities and barriers faced by people with disabilities.
- Opening Remarks by Mr. Christian Lohr, Member of the National Council, Swiss Parliament
- End the Cycle of Poverty and Disability: Video of Kazol Rehka's story
- Prof. Hannah Kuper, Professor of Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Co-director of the International Centre for Evidence in Disability - Presentation webinar
- Ms. Laisa Vereti, Director Operations, Pacific Disability Forum - Presentation webinar
- Mr. Christian Modino Hok, Humanitarian Director, CBM Global
- Ms. Polly Meeks, Independent Researcher and Consultant - Presentation webinar
Moderation by: Ms. Mary Keogh, Advocacy Director, CBM Global
- IASC Guidelines on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action
- Washington Group Short Set on Functioning (WG-SS)
- Child Functioning Question Set
- Learning Toolkit: Collecting Data for the Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action – The Application of the WGQs
- Inclusive Client Responsiveness Guidelines (IRC)
- Factsheet on CRPD implementation in Switzerland, with a focus on disability inclusiveness of development and humanitarian aid (PDF, accessible)
- Factsheets: Mapping disability inclusiveness of European member states’ development and humanitarian aid
- Disability DAC Marker Handbook
- Guide for advocates who want to use the data from disability marker (Word, accessible)